With the warmth and humidity of the summer gone, it’s time to start dealing with a drier, cooler fall. Since a new climate can mean new (and different) skin problems, you may need to switch over your skincare products – or even add a boost of vitamins to your diet.
To keep your skin looking healthy, happy and glowing, make sure you give it a little extra TLC starting right now! And keep it going all through the winter. These 5 products should help keep your outer shell full of moisture.
1. Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap in Creamy Pumpkin, $5.50, Bath & Body Works. This scent is a customer favourite for fall. Make something you have to do all the time good for your skin! Use a hydrating hand soap to keep moisture in.
2. Vitamin E Lip Care Stick SPF 15, $8, The Body Shop. Soothe chapped, dry lips without all the fancy scents and glosses – just a little vanilla and lots of nourishing Vitamin E. Keep yourself protected from the sun, which can dry your lips out even more.
3. Normal to Combination Skin 7-Day Program, $7, Yves Rocher. Looking for the perfect skin regimen for fall and winter? This travel-size pack of hydrating cleansing milk, toner and gel cream will let you test out this botanical-based skincare line with no commitment – and keep your skin from drying out in the process.
4. Drenched in PINK Supersoft Body Lotion in Warm & Cozy, $15, Victoria’s Secret PINK. Cozy up to this vanilla- and peony-packed scent and hydrate your skin all over with Vitamins E and C for thoroughly glowing skin.
5. GNC Natural Brand Flaxseed, $7.99, GNC. Flaxseeds are packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help repair damaged skin, restore moisture and balance oils that lead to whiteheads and blackheads. Stir a couple tablespoons into your morning cereal or yogurt and sprinkle some on a salad at night for added crunch. If you’re a baker, toss them in your muffins. It will make you look and feel great!
How do you keep your skin healthy when the weather gets cold?